The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Gouverneur High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite subject in school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Wildcat Game-Changer Athletes of the Week for 10/17/23

This week Abigail Bowman and Gage Cornell were recognized as our Wildcat Game-Changer Athletes of the Week for their performances in their respective sports. 

Abigail Bowman placed first place at her Senior Night Cross Country race on Tuesday, October 10th, achieving her personal best finish with a time of 23:43. Abby worked through a difficult race, attacking hills and pushing through to get ahead of her teammates and competitors. She held onto the lead through work up the final hills, before bringing home the win. 

Gage Cornell was named Game-Changer Athlete of the Week for his efforts in the latest football game against Canton on Friday, October 6th. Canton gained an early lead, with a touchdown from the 1 yard line, but the Cats fought back. Gage was making plays on all sides of the ball, scoring a touchdown, landing a number of heavy-hitting tackles and grabbing an interception to help lead the Wildcats to their victory, with a score of 43-14.

Congratulations to both athletes for being named Wildcat Game-Changer Athletes of the Week. Best of luck in the rest of your seasons!