The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Gouverneur High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite subject in school?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Fall Sport Season Seniors

The following are the dates to the fall sport senior nights (some have already taken place):

Cross Country: October 10th, 2023

Girl’s Soccer: October 10th, 2023

Boy’s Soccer: October 17th, 2023

Volleyball: October 19th, 2023

Swim: October 20th, 2023

Football: October 28th, 2023

Winter Cheer: October 28th, 2023  

For the 2023 fall sport season, we are recognizing a talented group of seniors who have made a number of positive contributions to their respective athletic programs. These seniors have been in athletics for a majority of their lives, dedicated themselves to their sports. Including the seniors themselves, I would also like to recognize some of the achievements they have had individually and as a team. 

The 19 seniors on this year’s Varsity Football team are #51 Brodie Burns, #32 Gage Cornell, #56 Owen Siebels, #10 Gunner Simmons, #7 Holden Stowell, #2 William Riutta, #38 Connor Bishop, #30 Drew Gates, #58 Gabe Hance, #23 Laike Lumley, #80 Tanner Hitchcock, #24 Vincent Thomas, #73 Alex Ordway, #62 Cael Denesha, #25 Hunter Mashaw, #20 Jonavin Ayen, #57 Aston Bowman, #15 Connor Witherell, and #22 Trevor Moore. These seniors have been a part of the last two seasons in which the team won the league and Section X Titles. These boys have worked to maintain the reputation of the Gouverneur Football Program as one of the best in the North Country, as the team has remained undefeated until a very close loss to Beekmantown in a non league game.

Our three seniors on the Girl’s Swim team, Sylvia French, Emalyn Kulp, and Faith Leader, have been swimming since they were young. They have been long-time members of the team, sending themselves to sectionals and working day after day to break our school’s records for girl’s swimming.

The four seniors on our Cross Country team, Meredith Bush, Caitlyn Storie, Abigail Bowman, and Jaden Rodriguez, are also long-time members of their sport. The three female seniors have been running since 7th grade, improving year after year and have contributed to keeping the program alive at our school. Our male senior runner has been running for a number of years himself, making significant improvements in his times.

For our Girl’s Soccer team, we have six seniors, #5 Sierra Billings, #7 Chloe Smith, #8 Meadow Greenhill, #11 Reigan Ayen, #18 Johnessa Simmons, and #20 Courtney Forsythe. These girls have been dominating the team for the last two years. These seniors were a part of the team winning the Section Title last season, and look to do the same again this year.

On our Boy’s Soccer team, we have three seniors, #00 Jude Wilson, #13 Ashton Currier, and #5 Riley Shepherd, who have led their team in bringing the program to life again. Along with their teammates, these three seniors have given our Boy’s Varsity Soccer team a new reputation as they have been consistently winning games for the first time in many years.

GHS’s Vollybal team has 10 seniors who make up a majority of the team, #4 Ivey Bulger, #9 Jacey Sheen, #10 Llydia Blaine, #1 Tatum Mulder, #6 Mallorie Fuller, #16 Emily Infield, #3 Ninah Newcomb, #7 Kayla Davenport, # 24 Destiny Blair, and #5 Elaina Raven. They have led the team to a number of victories this season. They have been working hard, bringing home a number of wins this season for our school.

The two seniors on our Winter Cheer team, Carynn Way and Elizabeth Jenne, have been putting in the work to cheer our football team to victory. While the team has grown this year, they are still a small squad but have worked on packing a punch despite the team’s size.

Every senior on this list deserved the recognition they receive at their respective senior nights. These seniors will be greatly missed by these teams in the coming years, and will hopefully be seen attending games as an alum. Congratulations to each and every one of these seniors on their accomplishments during their time as a Wildcat as well as being a graduating senior at GHS. Best of luck in your future endeavors.